NCWAC State Meeting
Attention North Carolina Women Active for Christ!
With a theme of “In the Shadow of His Wings” the North Carolina Women Active for Christ will have its annual meeting on April 26 and 27 at the Ahoskie Free Will Baptist Church in Ahoskie, NC. You will not want to miss the blessings God has in store!
The blessings begin on Friday evening with a delicious meal (catered by Parker’s BBQ), great fellowship, and a wonderful time of worship. Registration begins at 5:00 pm, the meal (catered by Parker’s BBQ) is at 6:00 pm and worship service is at 7:00 pm. Cost of the meal is $15.00, due by April 8, to Elaine Chandler, 47 Maryanna Mobile Estates, Washington, NC, 27889 or call her at 252-946-9434. More blessings continue on Saturday morning at 9:00 am. It is a time set aside to praise God for what He has done and for what He will do through the dedicated women of our state. We are honored and excited that North American Ministries Church Planters, Casie Neppl and Beth Bass will be with us. They are serving with their husbands in the Restore FWB Church in Portsmouth, Virginia. They minister in a multi-ethnic church with a love and passion to lead people to life change through Jesus Christ. Your heart will be challenged and blessed as they share their hearts with us on Friday evening and on Saturday morning.
The NCWAC is also sponsoring a special State Emphasis Project for this meeting. We are asking God to help us raise monies to help our sister in Christ, Mrs. Barbara Burch. Mrs. Barbara, a pastor’s wife in Mt. Holly, NC, lost her beloved husband, Dr. Clayton Burch, and her home and vehicles in a fire this past December. She needs our love, support, and encouragement during this very difficult time in her life. What a wonderful opportunity to share God’s love to a faithful servant of His! Our goal is to raise $2500 for His glory! Start now in your local churches and WACs to help meet this goal for such a worthy need.
Service is an important part of our NCWAC. At our state meeting, we are presenting an opportunity to actively participate in a service project for the Family Resource Center of Ahoskie. Baby items such as soap, oil, diapers (newborn, 4’s and 5’s), baby bottles, children clothes (18 months -2T), gallon size zip lock bags, cribs, car seats, etc. are needed. Monetary donations are always welcome. Start now to collect items and bring them with you to our meeting. What a blessing to minister Christ’s love to others in such important ministry efforts.
Mark your calendars! Can’t wait to see what God has in store for us on April 26-27 in Ahoskie!
Hotel Information for NCWAC State Meeting in Ahoskie
- Ahoskie Inn: 561 W. 343 NC Hwy, Ahoskie, NC —- 252-332-4165
- Tomahawk Motel: 601 N. Academy St., Ahoskie —–252-332-3194—only has outside door units.
- The Flanagan House in Murfreesboro: 308 W. Main St., Murfreesboro, NC—252-398-3676. Holding rooms under the NCWAC; Must be reserved by April 19.
- Hampton Inn, Williamston: 1099 Hampton Court, Williamston, NC—252-809-1100—This hotel is about 44 minutes from the church. 10 rooms with 2 queen beds available non-smoking rooms. $109 plus 13% tax—book by April 19th
- Holiday Inn Express in Williamston: 1071 Cantle Court, Williamston, NC—-252-799-0100—This hotel is about 44 minutes from church. 8 rooms with 2 queen beds–$119—non-smoking. 2 rooms with King bed–$110. Call and ask for Group Code NCWAC by March 16.
- Quality Inn in Williamston: 102 East Blvd., Williamston—252-792-8400– may be called to see if rooms are available.
- There are hotel options in the Greenville area about 1 hour from the church.
START DATE: April 26th, 2019
END DATE: April 27th, 2019